Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

In The News: Pledge of Allegiance


The pledge of Allegiance was originally written in 1892 by a Baptist minister. In 1954 the words “under God” were added. Over the years a few of the original words have changed slightly but the meaning and loyalty to what was said should never. What use to be a requirement to recite at the beginning of each school day now becomes a choice for those who choose to say it as long as they go some place else to say it.

In the news this week a grade school was making headlines. In order for the kids who want to say the pledge of Allegiance they are required to walk up to the second floor on their free time to do so. It was set up that way so the kids who don’t want to say it won’t feel left out if it’s done in the classroom.
When the adults set up this kind of system it gives you a choice you need to make. Remaining loyal to the flag and what it represents is a good choice. Even if you have to walk up two, three, or four flights of stairs then do so. We have a wonderful country and we need to keep our pride in it. You may not always agree with what goes on, decisions being made on your behalf but that should never take away from the loyalty and the pride we should feel in our hearts.
The same with prayer, one day the adults decided it needed to be taken out of school so kids wouldn’t feel offended by those who do it. If it takes going up flights of stairs to say it, be strong and do it. Praise the Lord you don’t need to go up flights of stairs, you can say your prayers and express your pride in your Country in the depths of your hearts.
The choice is yours just like it was the choice of others to not say these things. Changing the Words of God or the words to the pledge of allegiance to suit your way of thinking is not the answer. Don’t be afraid to choose God. Don’t be ashamed to choose to express your pride in your country through the pledge of allegiance.
It's showing respect for God and respect for our country, don't ever lose that no matter what others do around you!
Copyright 2008 Karen J. Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.