Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What We Can and Cannot See

Frequently it’s hard for people to trust in a God they cannot see. The people in the Bible had that problem once when they decided to make a golden calf to worship so they’d have something they could see. It was a wrong choice that got them into big trouble.

Although God may not be visible to see like our parents are, or the teacher at school, or the clerk at the store but He is there. You can see Him in His artwork, the creations He made, in the spirit He has given us to live inside of us.

Our job is to learn to trust in God’s heart even when we can’t see His hand. We need to make it enough to trust in the fact that He is there. We shouldn’t need signs or miracles from above demonstrating God’s hand at work in our lives.

However, if we truly looked we can see just that, God at work in us and those around us. Trust is the key to a strong relationship with our Lord and Savior, the one whose hand is there. As they say, some people have never seen a million dollars but they know it exists because they believe it does. It’s no different with God, we cannot see Him with our eyes but we can with our hearts if we would only believe. God is there. Don’t miss Him.


© 2014 Karen J Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing for Karen’s Kids Korner

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.