Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Journey Thru Bethlehem

Tonight the family went to a live nativity scene in Bend called "Journey to Bethlehem." It was a really neat journey. We started inside the church listening to the band from my church called, "Lost and found." They were the opening scene to the rest of our journey.















Next our tour guides Sarah and Rebekah led us to the owners of the camel, "big Al" who was stopped along the road on their way to Bethlehem as well. (Big Al's picture turned out pretty dark)

After that we ran up against some guards on horses that wouldn't let us go into the city of Bethlehem. They claimed the city was closed until they heard we had money to pay our taxes. That made them open their gates quickly.  I tried to bribe them with the hot chocolate I had but that didn't work, they wanted our money.


Once inside the gate we saw beggars and then some townsmen who tried to sell us goods. We got to see donkeys, sheep, and chickens. In one spot a group of people were dancing and celebrating all God had done for them, Our guide told us to join them so I did because I too can dance for joy for all the things God has done for me. In spite of my cancer I am blessed with other things and for that I want to remain thankful for. Therefore I joined in the dance and around I went on the rugs and even managed to do a twirl and not fall down. Once I tried to stop and my oldest granddaughter Marissa told me I had to keep going.

After getting back to the dancing I heard a man on a horse shout out saying, "Hey, lady in pink did you pay your taxes?" 'Boy,"' I thought to myself,  "the IRS tracks you down everywhere you go. Ha, ha."





From there we went into a tent to pay taxes with the rolled up scroll they gave us to hand to them at the beginning of our journey. When we got into the tent I couldn't find the scroll in my pocket. On the way out I found the round thing and handed it to a guy and told him to put it in for me. Outside the tent my daughter Nycol handed me back my chap-stick and said that was what I handed the tax man. I was so  embarrassed, I was glad it was dark enough outside to hide my red face.



I  couldn't help but wonder if I embarrassed the guard with my chap-stick mix up? Maybe not but it sure gave me the giggles. It felt good to laugh at myself for once instead of always being so hard on myself.














Next we found ourselves out at the Inn where there was no room for us to stay in, out of the cold of the night. With no where to rest we continued on and suddenly this host of angels appeared. They had good news for us, they brought us good tidings of great joy and that was the news about the coming of the Christ our Lord.

That was better news than hearing the Bethlehem Inn had finally enough rooms to house us all.

Next thing we came across was Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in the manger with the sheep and other animals. What a wonderful reminder to a beautiful event that was designed to save both you and me. Saving us from the one thing that can be more deadly for us than a gunshot wound, car accident, deadly disease or whatever else and that is "Sin." The sin we like to keep close to our hearts where it does so much damage.


All in all it was a great journey and it really touched my heart thinking about who we have in Christ. He's a journey worth endeavoring on.

I will treasure always having all four of our grand kids with me on this journey and Nycol and her boyfriend too.It was a dream come true to see how we almost took up an entire pew. Even the band from my church that played called "Lost and Found" were great too. 

Believe it or not my dog Coffee kind of enjoyed himself as well until we had to go outside.

Thanks everyone for going with me. I pray you will continue to travel with me on the journey to Heaven. Let's not stop in Bethlehem when we have Heaven just over the horizon and Jesus is the key and the door that gets us in the gate, not the promise of money for taxes or hot chocolate but the giving of our souls to the one who will cherish what we have to offer for all eternity.

Seek God!

I love you, I love Jesus.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.