Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Sunday, September 14, 2014

FROG. Fully relying on God

As the fairy tales put it if you kiss a frog it can turn into a handsome prince. As that only comes true in fairy tales we need to look at the frog differently.

We need to be the one who turns into the frog when it has to do with the analogy or word picture of:

F~~fully
R~~rely
O~~on
G~~God

Too often in our lives we try to rely on all sorts of things other than God. We try drugs, alcohol, food, activities, ourselves, other people, and so much more.

We think relying on God is a form of weakness when it really is a form of strength. Strength to admit God is the better choice and allowing God to lead and guide us a better way to go.

In comparison to the other things we try to rely on we soon find out God is the most reliable of them all. Sometimes it's not going to feel that way as you wonder why God let grandma get cancer or grandpa die of congestive heart failure. It's not because God is not reliable in curing our love ones. Things happen for a reason. We learn when we go thru tough times. We grow spiritually when we have to deal with difficult situations.

Instead of looking at it as God not being reliable look at it as "what can I learn from this moment in my life." God is there, He will always be there just see that you are too leaning and relying on Him.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.