Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Friday, September 26, 2014

Picture DEES~~~A New Selfie

In the midst of a discussion one day I was informed by one of my grand kids that, "they were born that way and I needed to get over it." As I looked them in the eye I told them they were right, they were born that way.

Truly what I was hearing was an age old argument that probably started with Adam and Eve. One we try to use as an excuse that we are born the way we are therefore we are excused to stay that way. Wrong!

We are all born sinners, fleshly people that are greedy, impatient, selfish, loud mouth , out of control, undisciplined, unforgiving, and so much more. People who need to be taught how to discipline ourselves, how to be generous, selfless, patient, forgiving, and how to control our tongues.

This is why we accept Jesus in our lives to help us take off the old and put on the new. The new selfie that looks good, behaves well and has the attitude of Christ instead of an out of control person who can't see passed an unproductive nature. A life that weighs one down instead of builds it up.

Our entire lives from the time we were kids needs to be spent finding a balance between improving ourselves and accepting ourselves as we are. Too often we fall to one extreme or the other. We try to change too much that which wasn't meant to be changed in God's eyes or we refuse to improve ourselves at all.

The choice is ours and the consequences too if we don't do what truly needs to be done in God's eyes not our own when it comes to our "selfie."

Just because we were born with our finger stuck up our nose or yanking our sister's hair doesn't make it something that is permissible the rest of our lives. Think about it. Pray about it! Allow God to help with your new selfie.

Copyright 2014 Karen J Gillett @ Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.