Encouragement to My Grandkids whether adopted by love or acquired by blood

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Picture DEES~~~Tuning Fork

As I sat in the sanctuary listening to the music team I was blessed once more for my early arrival to church. The music team had their audience of one and I got a sample of what was to come. 
In the midst of their warming up the lead guitar player took out a tuning fork and struck it on a nearby object. Silence was in the room as everyone concentrated on the pitch they were hearing. Soon each player and singer did their best to copy that sound that would set their song service off on the right note. 
Instead of setting me off on a musical note it got me to thinking about the Bible and how it is God's tuning fork. It is design just right to strike that correct pitch we are to imitate and follow. Something that sets our life or day off on the right note. 
As with the tuning fork the Bible is an acoustic resonator in the form of a book inspired by God for us to read and apply to our lives. 
The tuning fork resonates at a specific constant pitch when set vibrating by striking it against a surface or with an object, and emits a pure musical tone after waiting a moment to allow some high overtones to die out. The Bible has the same effect when we open it up to read and study it striking it against the surface of our heart, soul, and mind. 
 The pitch a particular tuning fork generates depends on the length and mass of the two prongs. It is frequently used as a standard of pitch to tune musical instruments such as a piano. The same holds true with the Bible. The tune or pitch it produces in our lives depends on the length of time we are in God's word and how well we listen and are able to mimic its tune or guiding pitch set out for us to follow. 
The most important similarity they have in common is the fact that neither are designed to fit us. We are the ones who are to change to follow their example or pitch. They are the guides set before us to get us on the right track. To start out on the right note with many to follow. 
As instruments of God our job is to not tune out but tune in to what they have for us and do it. When we do we will see the results of a life properly tuned. Beautifully set to give God the glory in the way we set off our lives on the right note. 
The right note generated by the acceptance it is us who needs to be adjusted not our tuning fork, the Bible. 






Copyright 2015 Karen J Gillett at Pencil Marks and Recipes Publishing


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I reside in Oregon, with my husband of 32 years. I'm a mother of one and grandmother of six, counting my two newly adopted grandsons. I teach a women’s Bible Study. In June of 2007 God asked me to take with me the things I had learned in my own Christian walk to help those traveling down similar roads. A journey that started with a head injury in Jr. High School and the epilepsy it was to create later for 7 long years. One day I was given the key to my cure. In order to have the surgery to cure the 10% of my seizures that were truly epileptic I was told I had to get rid of first the 90% that were stress caused. For the next five years I took my stress issues to the Lord, leaning and relying on Him and His word as well as catchy sayings of others to see me through. As peace, obedience to God and giving up bad habits replaced worry, stubbornness and disobedience my stress seizures began to disappear. Finally I qualified for the surgery. The end result after 20 years has been being seizure free and pill free all those years. Praise the Lord. God is the cure. I can be contacted at karijo_fluffy@yahoo.com.